during pregnancy

Monday, July 13, 2009

Has it really been 2 months since I wrote last? Ugh! I guess I have a lot to catch ya'll up on!

Okay, so let's begin with June... So that whole "pressure" issue I was having turned into an actual concern. When I had my ultrasound on June 12th, we found that I had complete Placenta Previa and my cervix was already starting to shorten. In addition to that, he was measuring 3 weeks too small. At that point I was only 30 weeks (but really 27), so we were worried about me going into pre-term labor. I was put on modified bed rest in hopes that the Previa would fix itself. This of course freaked myself and the Intended Parents out. The idea of delivering him early after everything that we've gone through was just scary and stressful. Well, long story short, after a LONG 2 weeks of worrying and questioning every little contraction, I went back in again on July 1st, and discovered that our prayers had come true! My placenta had moved away from my cervix and baby Edoardo was again gaining weight. He has since caught up by 2 weeks (he's only about a week small now) and we have high hopes that I should have no problems making it full-term. Yay! I can't tell you what a relief it was to hear that. So... now I'm 34 weeks pregnant and nearing the home stretch. Antonio and Laura are scheduled to arrive in 2 1/2 weeks and I just can't believe that this is really going to happen! I'm going to be handing over their baby next month! *Sigh* :)

2 comments:

This Jones Family said...

What an amazing journey! Will you do it again?

Andrea said...

You know, if the parents asked me to do it again, I definitely would. Overall, it really has been an awesome experience. It would be my last pregnancy though. My body is definitely starting to wear down! :)